The VCM is a great place to work and we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful applicants for positions at the Victoria Conservatory of Music must undertake a current Criminal Record review.
All current opportunities are listed in the tabs on this page.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at the Victoria Conservatory of Music!
Position: Manager, Marketing, Communications, & Social Media – Full-time position
Application Deadline: March 8, 2017
Start Date: April 5, 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
The Manager of Marketing, Communications, & Social Media will be responsible for developing and implementing a clearly defined marketing strategy as well as building brand strength in all internal and external communications and public relations of the Victoria Conservatory of Music (VCM). The position will be responsible for the marketing, communication, advertising, and promotion of all of the VCM’s educational and performance programming with support from other staff in the areas of graphics and social media.
Developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations strategy that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and with the general public while creating marketing initiatives specific to VCM’s many individual programs and events, each with their own unique and diverse target markets.
- Developing annual marketing strategy to increase earned revenue.
Establishing strong working relationships with the artistic leadership and development department to establish marketing priorities.
- Developing creative advertising strategies for specific events and programs.
- Conducting market research – internal and external – including analysis of customer data bases
- Creating and executing direct marketing campaigns.
- Managing social media including Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, etc. and managing communications with the subscribed lists.
- Ensuring consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, both internally and externally.
- Communicating progress on all marketing, communications and social media initiatives at monthly Board meetings.
Developing and stewarding the annual marketing budget in conjunction with CFO.
In conjunction with VCM’s Public Relations Consultant, developing and managing a communications and public relations strategy to support all of VCM’s programs and events, including generating media interest in events and stories, maintaining ongoing media relationships, responding to media requests, and developing and managing media sponsorships.
In conjunction with internal graphics support and other staff, managing the editorial direction, design, production and distribution of collateral materials ensuring consistent messaging, appearance, and presentation.
Webmaster for our WordPress website at www.vcm.bc.ca.
Planning and executing the VCM’s annual Open House.
Building the new role of VCM’s “Story Bank” Manager including working with students and faculty to write VCM stories and managing the bank of stories.
Leading projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations in a complex organization, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- A Bachelor’s degree or certification in marketing, communications and PR is preferred.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, communication, writing, and organizational skills with proven ability to develop effective long term marketing strategies. Strong writing skills are essential.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets within a cost restrictive environment.
- Proven success in the management of design and production of collateral, print materials, and publications.
- Ability to manage traditional marketing: oversee creative, place ad buys, and maximize media sponsorship agreements.
- Experience in creating social media content and managing social communities.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and developing and maintaining productive relationships with the media.
Commensurate with experience; VCM provides a competitive benefit package.
Resumes may be submitted in person, by mail, or by e-mail to:
Chief Financial Officer
Victoria Conservatory of Music
900 Johnson Street
VICTORIA, BC V8V 3N4