VCM Privacy Statement
The Victoria Conservatory of Music respects your right to privacy. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card information.
1. Collection of Personal Information
The VCM may require personal information in order to complete a transaction such as course registration, private lesson instruction, a single ticket purchase, a subscription order, or a donation. This information is not sold to third parties.
If you’d like to change or update any of your personal information at any time, please contact our front office at 250-386-5311 ext 200 or email email@example.com.
2. Storage of Information
Personal information is stored in our databases and in hard copy files. Only authorized VCM personnel have access to the information they require to do their job. The VCM takes appropriate measures to secure this information.
3. Email/Mailing Lists
The VCM may use your personal information to contact you periodically about changes to our organization, special events, and fundraising efforts. At any time, you can request to be removed from our mailing lists. To do so, please contact our office at 250-386-5311 ext 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Use of Information
The VCM uses personal information to improve our service and to expand our community. Our uses include:
• The publishing of student or staff names in news articles or promotional materials. The VCM only publishes this information with explicit consent.
• The publishing of donor names in VCM materials as per the donors’ wishes.
• Mailings and/or phone calls to provide information about VCM course or programme information, or relevant important organizational changes
• Mailings and/or phone calls to thank supporters and donors
• Mailings and/or phone calls to invite supporters to special events
• Analysis to better understand the needs/characteristics of our customers (non-identified information only).
5. Use of Photos or Images
Any photos in VCM promotional materials are used with consent via a ‘photo release form’, signed by the parent, student, staff or member of the public depicted in the image. Please note that the VCM has no control over the public sharing of images by non-staff members that is done on their own behalf. (example: facebook, youtube or other).
6. Financial Information
The VCM will protect the personal financial information you give us. We will use your credit card information only to process your payment for the purchase or donation you are making for that transaction. We retain order information for our records. This information is not shared with third parties.
Blaine Jeffery, Manager, Marketing & Social Media
250.386.5311 ext 2251, or by email: jeffery [at] vcm.bc.ca (replace [at] with @)
Last updated: April 12, 2010