Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. – Confucius
Like other not-for-profit arts and independent educational organizations, the Victoria Conservatory of Music relies on fundraising to help bridge the gap between tuition fees and the true cost of providing an exceptional and accessible learning environment for students of all ages.
Our mission, to enrich lives through music in a thriving community accessible to all, is made possible in large part through the power of philanthropy. As a registered charity, the Victoria Conservatory of Music relies on vital financial support from the community to fund 35% of overall operating revenue, enabling us to:
- keep music as affordable and accessible as possible to all, while providing the best learning and teaching resources available;
- provide additional financial assistance for students who qualify through our scholarship and bursary programs;
- provide music programs tailored for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, school-age children, adults and seniors – including outreach for those living in marginalized or low-income communities;
- deliver one of the most respected and renowned music therapy programs in North America to people of all ages;
- maintain and improve our 122 year old heritage building (and the acclaimed performance spaces within it) in downtown Victoria, as well as maintain our location in the western communities through our Westhills location;
- enhance the performing arts offerings available in the broad Victoria community.