Join us for a special day as we open our doors to the whole school!
Family fun includes instrument petting zoos (10am-2pm) and free mini classes with our Early Childhood Music department (Ages 0-6) from 10am-12pm. Experience our new Music Tech Lab!
Tour the school and view our performance halls, practice rooms, and recently moved library featuring 60,000+ music sheets and books. Collect passport stamps as you go and enter to win free lessons and tickets to upcoming VCM Presents concerts.
Enjoy free concerts by VCM faculty and students in Alix Goolden Performance Hall, and learn more about what the VCM has to offer from instructors from all of our school departments including:
- Keyboards: Piano, pipe organ, harpsichord
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Guitar, Lute, Harp
- Winds and Brass: Flute, Piccolo, Fife, Recorder, Clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe, Bassoon, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Tuba/ Euphonium
- Voice: All voice types (song, opera, and musical theatre)
- Classical Music Theory: Rudiments, Ear-Training, Harmony, History, Analysis, Counterpoint, Composition
- Contemporary and Folk Strings: Fiddle, Cello, Acoustic Guitar, Ukulele, Mandolin, Banjo
- Jazz: Piano, Upright Bass, Violin, Sax, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Drums
- Rock/Pop: Keys/Synthesizer, Organ, Hammond Organ, Electric Guitar, Electric Bass, Rock Drums/ Percussion
- Vocals: Jazz/Pop, Contemporary
- Other: Accordion/ Musette, Ableton PUSH, Drumpad, e-violin (4 and 5-string)
- Writing and Arranging: Popular/Contemporary genres and styles; song writing, writing for comedy, scoring for film and gaming
- Technology: Digital Score Notation, Recording and Production, Electronic Music, Sequencing, Digital Audio Workstation, Virtual Instruments
Postsecondary Diploma and Certificate programs (accredited by Camosun College)
Early Childhood Music Classes
Find out how to start your musical journey at the Victoria Conservatory of Music!