Posted August 12, 2020
Registration is now open for Fall classes and lessons!
Important COVID-19 Update for Fall
The safety and wellbeing of the VCM community is at the forefront of our plans for the Fall. When we re-opened our doors in July, we implemented health and safety measurements based on guidance from B.C. health authorities. We will continue to monitor and make updates as necessary to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff when we are open. Watch for updates to our COVID-19 Safety Plans here.
What classes are running?
The majority of our regular group classes are continuing to run either online, or in-person with safety protocols in place for the Fall. For an up-to-date, complete list of classes that are running, visit our 2020/2021 Course Calendar page here.
Any new classes?
Yes! The majority of our regular group classes are running and open for Fall registration and we are also offering a couple new classes!
- Starts in October! Contemporary Keyboard Accompaniment for Adult Beginners (Registration opens mid- September)
- Starts September 8! Sight Singing for Choristers
Know before you visit
- Stay home if you are not feeling well. If you are not able to attend your lesson or class, please contact your instructor to reschedule.
- Cleanliness– We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection procedures and will have hand sanitizer available at the front door and throughout the school. We encourage you to sanitize your hands when entering the building and to use them frequently.
- Physical distance and occupancy limits– We have clearly marked signage in each space and room regarding physical distancing (staying 2 meters apart) and the maximum amount of people allowed. Similarly, we’ve marked out areas for people to stand to ensure this standard is met.
- Mask and or/face coverings– Students, staff, and faculty are welcome to wear an appropriate mask/ face covering when in the VCM buildings. You must bring your own mask.
- Operational hours– We’ll have slightly reduced hours and temporary closures of parts of the building and high touch areas. Visit here for the most up to date hours of operation.
- Room usage– Rooms MUST be booked in advance for both lessons and practice space. NO DROP INS. All rooms will be locked after cleaning if not in use.
- Contactless and safe payment– All students must be registered and paid prior to or at the start of a lesson. Cashless payment is recommended, including Email Money Transfer. Contactless tap payment is activated, as well as a clear protective covering on our Moneris machine for easy cleaning.
I have a question!
Concerts and Events
The safety of our students and audience members is our top priority as we work through offering live (and live streamed!) music again. As a result, we are following guidance from health authorities and will share updates on specific events through our website event calendar. See what’s happening on our events calendar here.
We’re looking forward to seeing you and hearing music in our halls again!