Over the last two years, we have been working to create a plan and secure funding to help us improve our main entrance. Now we need your help!
As a member of our VCM Community, you have used the main entrance at 900 Johnson Street and you may have noticed it is in need of repair, improvement and better security. As such, the time has come to upgrade and secure our campus by:
- Creating a safe and secure main entrance with new security fencing including lockable gates after hours and new security lighting
- Installing gardens and benches to create safe and comfortable waiting spaces for students
- Increasing the overall aesthetic appearance of our exterior and our entrance
- Installing new covered bicycle racks
- Repaving and leveling the parking lot and pedestrian paths to improve accessibility for everyone and eliminate dangerous potholes, uneven surfaces, and elevation drops
Working with a reputable and well regarded architect, contractor and the VCM Facilities team, we have developed a work plan for this project.
We have been working for over two years to improve our Johnson Street entrance and have secured funding from the Province and from BC Gaming totaling $244,770. Costs have increased since our initial quote and we now have a gap of $100,000.
We are now in need of raising more funds in order to complete this critical project.
How you can help
A very generous and caring anonymous donor came forward with a challenge for the VCM community – a $40,000 matching gift! Every donation made to the campus upgrade until December 31, 2019, is eligible for a dollar-for-dollar match, up to $40,000!! That means your donation will be doubled and, because the VCM is a registered charity, your gift will also be eligible for a tax receipt.
Take up the matching challenge and help us raise the funds for revitalizing and securing the VCM entrance! Making a donation is easy. Click here to give online, phone us at 250-386-5311, or drop by our registration desk to make a contribution today. Donations in any amount are welcome and are needed to get this important project underway.
Thank you very much for your consideration as we continue to work to build and strengthen the VCM for generations to come!