April 4th, 2016
String Updates for May
Suzuki Department Group-class Dress Rehearsal: Wood Hall, May 14th from 3:15-5:30
April 4th, 2016
String Updates for April
Parent Class (open to all traditions of string education, but designed by Suzuki instructors).
Do WHAT with that violin — EVERYDAY??
Parent Class to the rescue!
Do you have questions, and a burning desire to connect with others who are wadding through practice issues & motivation – or just need the comfort of speaking with those who have gone through and come out the other side to tell their story? Join us in a class built just for you!
Parental support is vital to your child’s musical development… but how? Especially when you have tried, but you just can not seem to work easily and happily together with your child over practicing? Or perhaps you and your child do work well together, but you would like some new ideas for making home practice more fun, and are craving some support. You deserve some help, and here we are!
Be Prepared to Receive
While some of you are old veterans, some of you are just beginning your musical education. Regardless of your experience, you will enjoy:
• Articles which will clarify the Suzuki method, and top suggestions on how to most easily practice and communicate with your child
• Pick up and/or purchase books on practicing and the Suzuki method
• Discuss and receive answers to questions regarding home practice sessions, and how to best support your child through a formidable time of development
Be Prepared to Share
• Have a question on how to make practice better, easier, more efficient? Bring all your burning questions to the table, and we will do our best to solve them!
• Do you have a success story on how difficult practice sessions evolved or even transformed into something easy and fun? Please consider coming and sharing it with other parents – we would love to hear from you!
Please Join Us
Friday April 29th
5:45pm – 7:45pm
Room 303 for parents
Room 302 for children for supervised play time & a kid-friendly movie.
Looking forward to seeing you!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Suzuki Department Coordinator Catheryn Kennedy:
February 22nd, 2016
String Department Notices
Welcome to the VCM’s String Department notice board. This page is where the VCM will post news and other information related to our String Department programs. Bookmark the page or drop in regularly to keep in the know.