Posted June 29, 2020
We are open!
We are excited to share that as of July 6, 2020, we are reopening the VCM buildings! We are eager to welcome you back to the Victoria Conservatory of Music at both our Downtown and Westhills locations.
Safety and wellbeing are at the forefront of our reopening plan. Based on guidelines from B.C. health authorities, we have implemented new health and safety measures to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff when we are open.
Please read on to learn more about the steps we’ve taken so it is possible for us to open and safely welcome you back to the VCM.
Know before you visit
- Stay home if you are not feeling well. If you are not able to attend your lesson or class, please contact your instructor to reschedule.
- Cleanliness– We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection procedures and will have hand sanitizer available at the front door and throughout the school. We encourage you to sanitize your hands when entering the building and to use them frequently.
- Physical distance and occupancy limits– We have clearly marked signage in each space and room regarding physical distancing (staying 2 meters apart) and the maximum amount of people allowed. Similarly, we’ve marked out areas for people to stand to ensure this standard is met.
- Mask and or/face coverings– Students, staff, and faculty are welcome to wear an appropriate mask/ face covering when in the VCM buildings. You must bring your own mask.
- Operational hours– We’ll have slightly reduced hours and temporary closures of parts of the building and high touch areas. Visit here for the most up to date hours of operation.
- Room usage– Rooms MUST be booked in advance for both lessons and practice space. NO DROP INS. All rooms will be locked after cleaning if not in use.
- Contactless and safe payment– All students must be registered and paid prior to or at the start of a lesson. Cashless payment is recommended. Contactless tap payment is activated, as well as a clear protective covering on our Moneris machine for easy cleaning.
What classes are running right now?
We are constantly monitoring the guidelines and advice of the B.C. Centre for Disease Control and making updates as necessary. Our most up to date online and in person summer class list is available here. We’re making updates regularly so make sure to check back often. We are aiming to post Fall classes by mid- July.
I have a question!
Additionally, check out our COVID-19 FAQ’s here.
As part of our July reopening, the Victoria Conservatory of Music is required to develop a COVID-19 Reopening Safety Plan. The plan outlines the policies, guidelines, and procedures we will implement to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. You can find a safety plan for both the VCM Downtown and Westhills locations here.
Concerts and Events
The safety of our students and audience members is our top priority as we work through offering live music again. As a result, we are following guidance from health authorities and will share updates on specific events through our website event calendar. See what’s happening on our events calendar here.
We’d love to hear your feedback about our July reopening plans. Give us a call at 250-386-5311 or email us at email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to seeing you again!