Recording and Production Project Award
Launched in May 2019, the Recording & Production Project Award is intended to support current students of the Victoria Conservatory of Music*, developing as emerging music artists, who aspire to record themselves and/or other emerging music artists, through a personal or collaborative creative and entrepreneurial project.
*A current student is defined as being registered during the year of application and continuing until project completion, for regularly occurring classes, ensembles, or lessons with a member of Conservatory faculty.
- Be a currently registered Victoria Conservatory of Music student, and remain such for the duration of the proposed project (as defined above *);
- Have final creative control over the proposed project;
- Adhere to international intellectual property rights standards and cultural ownership protocols;
- Submit upon completion or by April 30th of the following year (whichever comes first), to the Office of the Dean, a copy of the recording project, and a short (500 word approx.) narrative on successes and challenges encountered during the project work.
How to Apply
Complete our online application. The application includes:
- A 700 word maximum description of the project, including project objectives, the number of people to be involved, including names, and relationship to the Victoria Conservatory of Music (if any), as well as what their respective roles/tasks will be;
- A short synopsis about the applicant’s musical training, and knowledge/skills/experience accumulated to date in the area of recording and production;
- Comment on the potential impact the project award will have on the applicant’s development as an Emerging Artist, and how the project might contribute to the Greater Victoria music culture;
- A project timeline, including anticipated start and completion dates, as well as dates of significant milestones;
- A project budget, listing anticipated expenses, and sources of revenue beyond the award funding requested. Note: The amount awarded will be equal to the lesser of 80% of the budget expenses, or the maximum award amount of $1200.
Applications are accepted from March 1 to April 30 *DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 30.
How to Use the Funds
The award will be the lesser of 80% of the proposed budget, or a maximum amount of $1,200. The award will pay out at 50% of the amount awarded in September and the remainder upon project completion.