Current Student Resources
Being a student has privileges and benefits.
The Victoria Conservatory of Music is proud to offer a variety of benefits to our current students!
To be considered a current student, you must be registered for ongoing sessions (lessons or classes). To clarify:
- “Ongoing” is defined as at least 5 sessions, no fewer than one per month
- If the first session date has not happened, you are not yet a student
- if the last session date has passed, you are no longer a student
A library of over 60,000 titles is maintained at the downtown location. Resources include music for all instruments, reference materials, and books on music, including biographies, theory, and history.
Students have access to practice rooms during select times at both Downtown and Westhills locations. Always be ready for your next lesson or recital!
Lockers are available for rent at our Downtown location.
- All students must fill out an Application Form, available at the front desk or the Facilities Office, Room 318. Any unregistered lockers are subject to lock-cutting and contents removal without notice.
- The rental fee is $15 per term (Fall / Spring / Summer) and must be paid at the Front Desk before locks and keys are issued.
- The fee for lost keys or lock is $15.
- Participation in masterclasses at no charge or, in some cases, a small fee.
- Participation in the Adult Recital Group.
- Discounts at several area music stores, including 10% off printed material at Long & McQuade, 10% off printed material and accessories at Tapestry Music, and 10% off books, gift items, and music accessories at Tom Lee Music.
- Each student registered for individual lessons may request a Student Card, valid for the academic year or the term in which the student is registered.
Borrow a Bike Lock
No bike lock? Borrow one!
We are now offering high quality U-locks that can be borrowed on a short-term basis. Park your ride more securely by locking your bike with a U-lock. Just ask at the front desk.
Plan Your Visit
If you’re new to the Victoria Conservatory of Music, take a look at our Plan Your Visit page for details on where to find us, parking, accessibility, and more.
Campus Walk Program
We offer a walking partner to accompany an individual from inside the downtown building to the passenger pick-up zone on Johnson Street. Visit or call the Front Desk at 250.386.5311, or if closed, phone the Custodian at 250.812.6134. After the call, wait for the walking partner inside the building at the location you specified.