Become a Donor
Join our Community of Supporters
Donors are at the heart of everything the Victoria Conservatory of Music does. Passionately focused on our charitable mission of excellence in music education, performance, and wellness, donations ensure we can deliver the possibilities of music to more people, from infants to seniors, throughout the community. Your gift is an investment in these programs and keeps music education as accessible as possible.
Become a supporter and give the gift of music today.Make a donation
View our Case for Support
Ways to donate
900 Johnson Street
Victoria, BC V8V 3N4
Please see our Contact page for hours of operation.
250.386.5311 (Reception) or 250.419.4312 (Development direct)
Please see our Contact page for hours of operation.
Visit vcm.bc.ca/donate to transact your donation in a secure manner, powered by CanadaHelps.
* Please note: CanadaHelps assesses a 3.5-4% transaction fee on all donations. This amount is deducted before the donation is sent to the Victoria Conservatory of Music. This fee covers all credit card merchant fees, transaction fees, banking costs, receipting, reconciliation and disbursement. To avoid this fee, call the Victoria Conservatory of Music directly with your credit card information.
Cheque payable to Victoria Conservatory of Music
900 Johnson Street, Victoria BC, V8V 3N4
Send a cheque marked VOID, along with the Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement Form with instructions on the amount, or call us directly to do monthly pre-authorized charge to your credit card: 250.386.5311.
- Log into your own bank and use the INTERAC or EMAIL MONEY TRANSFER methods within your online banking. You can send Email Money Transfers to [email protected]. If your online banking has a ‘memo’ field, please enter ‘Donation’ in the memo line.
- Please send an email to [email protected] to let us know you have sent it, how much it is, and that it is a donation.
NOTE: The Conservatory uses AUTODEPOSIT, so we do not need the Password/Challenge Answer.
Publicly listed securities
Donating stocks, bonds, or mutual funds with capital gains is a highly tax-effective way to give. When you donate shares, you do not pay tax on the capital gains, and you receive a charitable tax receipt for the value of the shares on the day they are received into the Conservatory’s account.Securities Donation Form
More ways to give
Gifts in Honour
When you are planning a birthday, retirement, wedding, anniversary, or want to honour someone special, please consider a gift to the Victoria Conservatory of Music. These gifts are wonderful ways to express your appreciation for someone special by helping to keep music accessible to people of all ages and abilities. To acknowledge your donation, we will send a letter to the honouree (without disclosing the amount) and a Charitable Tax Receipt to you. Please be sure to provide the honouree’s name and address.
Gifts in Memory
Donating in memory is a truly meaningful gesture to honour and remember a special person in your life, by helping enhance lives in our community through the transformative power of music. To acknowledge your donation, we will send a letter to the family (without disclosing the amount) and a Charitable Tax Receipt to you. Please be sure to include the name and address of the family member you would like us to notify. You may also like to consider stating in an obituary “In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Victoria Conservatory of Music”.
You can donate Aeroplan miles! This helps us fly in visiting artists to give concerts and masterclasses.Give online here
The Victoria Conservatory of Music gratefully recognizes annual donors who generously contribute during our fiscal year (September 1 to August 31). To thank these donors, we offer the following benefits:
Key supporters who provide the foundation upon which the Conservatory can continue to deliver
music excellence to every student.
- Donations of $20 upwards receive a Charitable Tax Receipt
- Donations of $100 to the $499 level are acknowledged as Notable donors on our annual donor wall.
Invested supporters who give an annual gift of $500 or more, allowing us to grow and innovate to better serve our community.
Bronze Note: $500-$999
Silver Note: $1,000 – $2,499
Gold Note: $2,500 – $4,999
Diamond Note: $5,000 – $9,999
Virtuoso Note: $10,000+
- Donations receive a Charitable Tax Receipt.
- Recognition as Crescendo Circle members on our annual donor wall and in select concert programmes.
- Silver+ Note members and above are invited to receptions and events exclusive to Crescendo Circle featuring music performances from Conservatory students.
- Diamond and Virtuoso Note members benefit from a personalized stewardship plan, based on your musical interests. This includes invitations to attend intimate master classes for intimate opportunities to hearing senior artists and students at work, plus opportunities to meet our talented students, Artistic Directors, Dean, and CEO.
Legato Monthly Giving Circle
Monthly donations are another way you can make a meaningful contribution. By giving a regular amount each month, you make a significant difference to the Victoria Conservatory of Music. Your monthly donations provide stable and predictable funding for music education programs, community outreach and performances while reducing fundraising costs. Each month we deduct the amount you decide from your chequing or credit card account. At the beginning of the following year, you’ll receive one consolidated tax receipt for your cumulative monthly donations. You can change, skip or cancel your donation at any time.